Monday, March 23, 2009

....EASY.....


So easy in fact, that it is Monday. Blogger was NOT co-operating yesterday. No matter how many times I tried, it did not want to load my 'Easy Like Sunday Morning' photo. Though this morning it worked find and dandy. Much like my Sunday morning. The weather was warm, though for my friends in Canada...your idea of warm {with tiny patches of grass poking through the melting snow} and my idea of warm {as in NOT lung scorchingly hot} are two different warms. It is actually nice to go and sit under the verandah on the swing chair and sip my morning coffee at the moment, instead of breaking out into a high humidity sweat eeerrrrm 'glow' before by butt has hit the seat! 
Sunday morning was Easy...unlike my Thursday. Thursday was a day riding high on BLAH. One of those days that would have been better spent in bed with the covers firmly pulled up over my head. A cold came knock knock knocking at my body, and some silly sod let it in! My throat was raw, my head was thumping, my nose blocked and my muscles ached. The 'He' and 'She-Devils' {spotting my weakness} invaded my home, then swarmed and turned on each other. Only one prisoner taken..the younger 'She-devil' banished to her lair for the afternoon for back chatting and speaking disrespectfully! The others escaped... only just!
I couldn't find a shoe to go on Bella's feet...not a one! Which made me thing back to the lovely afternoon I had spent at Maccas with Amanda, I couldn't remember picking up her new pair of Havaianas when we'd left! SIGH! {{Shoulders droop}} I phoned Maccas...I wasn't sure the staff member was even sure WHAT I had rung for! 'Haviwhats?'.... 'Thongs-Havaianas-, with little ladybirds on them! Childrens size!' ... 'UUmmmm Noooo,' said the staff member somewhat unconvincingly! I even dropped into McDonalds, it's not that I didn't trust the staff member MUCH, Sadly, still no Havaianas! {bigger SIGH!}
Then the single most stressful event of the day. One external hard-drive bites the dust after a small child tangles their foot in the USB cord, after venturing into a space they had NO PLACE BEING!!!! {{{{{MAJOR SIGH}}}}  The one that is my Back-up. My 'take everywhere because I don't trust those flimsy a$$ thumbdrives' back-up! 320GB of Back-up that isn't totally backed-up itself! 

So my little tip of the week 'DON'T BE SLACK BACK-UP, BACK-UP, BACK-UP, BACK-UP!'

Because my slackness made for a VERY uncomfortable 24hours, BUT this was the beginning of the end of the Thursday Blah's and Hello the weekend! After dropping the Hard-drive and discovering the tiny little USB port on the unit had broken off inside the unit!(The Hard-drive was parked up at the time it was dropped, so I was quietly confident the data was safe!NOW how to retrieve it?) Western Digital techs put me onto their Data recovery people. The people that give you a 10% discount off of the total cost of recovering any data. Which I find out the next day is going to be between $700 or $800 {{eyes bug outta my head when I hear this}}

In the back of my mind I was thinking about the possibility of transferring the hard-drive into another case! Could it be done? Would my data REALLY still be there? How much would that set me back? Roll on Friday.
Thursday night fall into bed, after taking Cold and Flu tablets, aching  but a little less jaded ...I spent a moment watching Belle sleeping and took time to count my blessings. Thank you Audrey for reminding me that sometimes, when you're not feeling too happy, that Happiness could be staring you right in the face! You were right. From that moment on things got better!

Friday morning, my mind wanders to a voucher sitting in the middle console of the car! A voucher that I won as part of the P&C raffle prize. Yes I won the first prize, remembering that win made me smile. Remembering it was for $100 made me smile widely. Checking the voucher I  am reminded that the prize had a use by date...and I still had 9 days left before it expired, add whistled cheerfully to the smiling widely bit! Hope started to infuse the situation. I drop the hard-drive and the voucher into the guys {John in particular} at PBE and go off to meet a gent Juzz is considering for a job with the company. His partner is a teacher and wanted a little inside  information about teaching in Hedland! Whist out at the yard I get a phone call regarding the hard-drive {holds breath} FIXED, transfered from one case to the other and the data is there! Whoot whoot, double arm pump! 
The case was $85 so I was trying to calculate how much extra it might cost me to pay for the service. I arrive to be told it wasn't costing me anything extra! {happy dance kicks in here, although I am still feeling poorly as far as the cold invading my body so I don't boogie in my normal effervescent manner but I do boogie! }. They just took the $100 voucher as a clean swap for the case AND fitting it! 

Off to collect grounded She-Devil from school. Older She and He-devils are being independent and are catching the bus home {smile creeps back onto face} Young She-Devil enters car with a smile and a bounce, waving some third and fourth place ribbons she has won at the swimming carnival at me. {Happy she is happy being active, Happy she has a few ribbons to display on the fridge}

Home and meet Older She and He-Devil on the way back from the bus-stop. Pick them up and drive them the last 150 meters home. They are happy and jovial and teasing each other in a fun kind of a way! {Mood further improving!Issue a few instructions about cleaning up the kitchen and unpacking the dishwasher. Stumble on the lost Havaianas {Skip appears in my step} Head back to the Yard. Enjoy a Corona with Juzz and the Boys! Head home to find kitchen somewhat better that before I left. Asked for a few more things to be done..He-Devil is amenable to instructions and packs another load of dishes! {The weekend is looking better already!}
 
A quiet evening was spent in front of the TV with everyone...I cooked a rather delicious dinner that involved marinated chicken thighs done on the open flame of the BBQ, and a yummy 'creamy cheesy cholesterol bomb potato/mixed vegie bake'  There were at LEAST 5 different serves of vegetables in it! So it must have been a little healthy! I Knock back a few cold and flu tablets choc full of things meant to help you recover faster and fall into bed {which by the way is STILL in our lounge-room because the A/C guy has taken SO long to work out the unit needs replacing, that it can't in fact be fixed...sigh...another week sleeping in the lounge-room!}
Saturday comes and I'm sort of glad the bedroom IS the lounge-room because I can monitor what is going on around the house and NOT have to get out of bed...Cold has kicked in grandly...muscles achey, throat raw, cough starting. 
Not feeling like joining friends at the Yacht Club for a little dinner and 'Happy Thirteenth Birthdaying To Jacob!' in the evening. More cold and flu tablets plus paracetamol. Slide back into bed. Late afternoon, much sleeping done, awake feeling somewhat better. 
A quick trip to the shops with Juzz to gather supplies for Sunday breakfast then home to rally the troops for trip To Port for dinner. Showers completed, everyone dressed, the WHOLE family gathered to head out together plus an extra teenager or two which happens so regularly I often forget EXACTLY how many children I have...was it four or Five...I count Six but I'm sure SOME of those don't belong to me!!!  Either way they are all present and accounted for up to four and any extras are a bonus because it means we are still ALL together. Teenagers don't often want to hang out with 'the whole family' and I miss them...I don't know if I really DO like this independent thang!
So off we head to the Yacht Club. We enjoy good company {Thanks Carla and Steve AND crew, teehee they equal us in the child/adult ratio} We take up a large amount of space and create a lot of noise. Others were there as well so it was a relatively large number of children in a great play space where adults could have a nip or two for medicinal purposes of course whilst supervising their relevant crew!

Happy Thirteenth Jacob....look this is what your cake MIGHT have looked like if your Mum had remembered the candles... LMAO @ Carla. Carla a lovely friend of mine...another mother who beats herself up when she thinks she's failed her children. Look at this awesome cake...and it IS awesome for Hedland. Ya you for remembering Carla, Ya you for going to Progressive supplies and getting this great cake. Ya you and Steve for being vigilant about the thawing process (Thank goodness it wasn't still frozen~winks@Carla~). Ya you for organising dinner at the Yacht Club. Ya you for inviting us. Double YA you for having a Cold Corona WITH a slice of lemon waiting for me when I herded my troops to the table! So you forgot a few candles!{{{hugs Carla}}}Jacob didn't looked too fussed about the absence of candles my friend!
!!YA YOU!! 


We reward older He and She Devil and friends, by dropping them at an 'invitation only' Sixteenth party for a few hours at the end of the evening. Juzz went back to collect them and they bounded in the door at half past midnight, dancing and singing 'we had the best night ever, we had the best night ever!' {which was a pleasant change from the 'take one step closer and I'll Kiiiill you!!' they were shouting at each other two nights previously!} My head slid back onto the pillow and I drifted into sweet slumber!

I woke Sunday morning feeling less achy. I made my coffee in my coffee plunger. I pored it into my favorite 'gekko' cup and went out into the lovely sunshine {{Look Lynny it's the only cup I haven't killed, smiles widely and raises her cup to show Lyn!}}  Hello Sunday!
Blogger did not want me to share this yesterday SO I just went with it...here's to a Sunday kinda Monday and more coffee in my favorite cup! I HEART not working on Mondays!

Have an awesome week
Cheers all
Jewelz

No comments:

Post a Comment