Sunday, January 25, 2009

Catching up...

 Yesterday turned out to be much more than I expected and I fell into bed happy and tired. It was a day full of doing. I have had a whole lot of trouble sleeping of late. Many outside influences. However, I have been pro~active in attacking these issues and I believe I am starting to win ~~whoot whoot~~double arm pump!

 I spent a little time slathering a little TLC all over myself in the morning. I banished the grey hairs from my head and my eyebrows (actually they are more a snowy white than grey ...yes even my eyebrows, only one or two here and there though but still, my eyebrows, sheesh!!!).

 I loofered, I moisturized, I waxed and plucked. I spritzed my fav perfume all over, then headed out the door to catch up with a few of my work mates for a little lunch and a 'get together' at the 'Walkabout Hotel', before we head back to school next week. It was lovely to catch up with them and I'm even more pumped about getting back to work now. Stop rolling your eyes Amanda LOL I just know you are!!! :0P 

 I had to duck off, after I'd eaten, for a quick visit to the Doc (rolls eyes-NOT that quick-our poor Doctors are so under the pump up here in the Pilbara)...anyway

 I had to get the results for a number of tests. My yearly maintenance check up (Doctor James laughs at me, he says it makes me sound like a vehicle when I say that~at least I didn't ask him for an oil and lube!!) 

 The tests where many and varied. A  pap smear {Girlz if you are putting this off DON'T PUT IT OFF ANY LONGER} I actually do it yearly, instead of every two years as is suggested, because my mum had to have a complete hysterectomy when she was younger than I as she had cervical cancer. 

 I have had a few issues with my thyroid, so bloods were taken for another thyroid function test (it's back to normal YAY). 

 I have no suspect spots or moles PHEW!!! Melanomas are a particular fear for me, again there is a history of skin cancers in my family. My mum use to oil herself up and lay in the sun day after day, when she was younger. She has had so many pre cancerous and cancerous legions cut out and even a few melanomas, that I am hyper vigilant about having my moles and spots checked. Have you got any suspect spots or moles? GET EM CHECKED OUT~please

 My blood sugars are a little out of whack. I had GDM ~gestational diabetes~ when I was pregnant with Missy B and there is a chance I could develop type two diabetes just as my maternal grandmother did. Dr James does regular tests and if my sugars appear to be outside the 'normal' range he sends me off to have a glucose tolerance test. As a result of one of the blood tests, I now have to do the two hour 'twiddle your thumbs' test. There is the quickie version and there is the longer more tedious two hour test. You have to fast overnight. The test involves a blood test, then drinking about 200mls of a sickly sweet glucose packed drink, sitting around for two hours, then another blood test to see how your body processes the sugars. Fingers crossed this one comes back ok. I have to go in on Tuesday and do this test.

 My iron is a little low but because my blood work up is fine he wasn't too stressed about that. He just reminded me to eat more foods rich in iron. Probably explains why I have craved spinach of late, I thought I was channelling Popeye!

 My Kidneys are happy. I'm not pre-menopausal phew! My urine sample was fine. My liver is sweet. My electrolytes are with in the normal range. My uric acid levels are cool~means I don't have gout, I am not developing rheumatoid arthritis~which has been a concern in the past because of recurring joint pain that I have been suffering, it also means my kidneys are disease free~I have suffered from kidney stones in the past . However the kicker was my cholesterol levels. They are way too high. My mum has cholesterol problems and takes medication for that. Dr James has suggested some diet changes and fish oil tablets...then I'll need to check back with him in a couple of weeks and if it hasn't had an effect on the cholesterol levels, I'll be looking at medication to get it under control.

 I'm glad that I did organise my yearly physical, it turned up a few things I did not expect. I'm glad I have been pro-active. I encourage all of you to be pro-active about your health. Don't let anything ugly sneak up on you.

 I went back to the "Walk-a-bout" after the Doctor, shared a drink with everyone, then my dear friend JB and I headed over to the bowling club. Neither of us was ready to head home :) and the bowling club has cheap drinks and a nice unpretentious atmosphere. A few others spilled in and we spent a couple of hours chatting, laughing and playing a game or three of pool (very badly mind!!!~the games tend to last longer that way ). 

 My sleep was long and peaceful. The best I have had for a while. I don't tend to function very well when I have not had a decent sleep....and when that lack of sleep is drawn out over a few weeks, I tend to get a little cranky. I'm sure the cup throwing incident was fuelled by my poor sleep. 

 Today was a quiet day, spent busily tending the many things that have been screaming out to be done around here. It involved scrubbing and scouring, moving and sorting. I have vowed to have this place just the way I want it by the time school goes back next week.Don't panic parents of school aged children, they go back the following week. However, we teachers will be back to it this coming Thursday. I can't wait to get into my Art Room to start putting things together for the coming year. I miss the kids, I miss my space, I miss not doing art regularly, even if it is art with my students. I teach some amazingly talented kids. I love seeing them explore different mediums. They inspire me to be less blinkered about my own art...it's the perfectionist in me that limits me over and over again

 My home studio is the next thing I will tackle. I have brought a few really cool storage units to encourage me to have a place for everything...now as long as I can put everything in its place AND keep it there I'll be fine :)  

 It's good to have aspirations LMAO!

 The little piccie of the cups below, is how my day started. A cup of up and go, in a beautiful new cup. Missy T arrived home from camp and holidays with the Grandparents this week(some of them at least). She is a thoughtful girl. She came bearing gifts...something for Dad to use in the kitchen of course and....you guessed it some cups for me. 

BEAUTIFUL, just BEAUTIFUL. I heart  cups!

Strive to achieve your aspirations my friends GO.......

Cheers Jewelz <3

No comments:

Post a Comment