Sunday, April 11, 2010

!!!!!!!!But It's Not My Birthday!!!!!!!!!


It wasn't my birthday
I was however, asked to make a cake for a birthday
It was the 6th birthday of twin girls,
that's why we have TWO Doras :0)
Their Mum asked me to step it up from my usual cupcakes eeeep
So I had a mild panic attack jumped at the challenge!
Last day of school, Thursday week ago, she comes to me and says she would like it for 
7pm
on EASTER SUNDAY!!!!
That gave me no freakin' time at all just three days to come up with a concept
bake the cakes
and make it!
My directions were...they like princesses.
 {{crickets chirp}}...that was it. 



Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet


Hmmm...having a play with the size of the pics that are uploaded on my blog,
I am thinking these are a little pixellated!
So this is sort of a testing testing post :0)
Thinking of Changing the place around a little,
freshening things up, road testing new things.


You'll notice the cake had a little change too...can you pick it???
Go on, give it a go. It's a little like those 'pick the differences' cartoons/pictures
subtle but different and better, in my eldest daughter's  my opinion :0)
To top it off...it actually tasted pretty divine.
Bella over saw the whole process, 
to see if she might like a castle cake for her next birthday
...she thinks she does...

What sort of pain in the butt 'fancy' cakes have you had a go at making?

Was the reward worth the blood, sweat and tears effort you put into making the cake?

(I actually got cold hard cash monetary rewards...I also loved the wide eyed look of genuine surprise, delight and wonder on the twins faces when I delivered their cake)

JOY OH  JOY  

Thanks for dropping by
Cheers
Jewelz

6 comments:

  1. aghrrrrrr.....I can't get the size of my font sorted! It's either small or large...no matter what I do I can not make it 'NORMAL' ...aghrrrrrrrrr

    :0(
    Jewelz

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAaaaHHHHHaaaa....The age old question, does size matter???????
    And isn't normal just a state of mind??? LOL

    It looks pretty fantastic to me......Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am impressed!! Your talents never quit! And the icing on the cake is that you got cold hard cash out of the deal. Now hurry over to my house so you can teach me how to make a cake for my Diva's 6 birthday in 2 weeks... AHHHHH!!! ;-)

    PS. Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I think I got it. The Smarties (or M&Ms) colour? Great job, Jewelz.

    Love the new blog look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty girly cake Jewelz!
    I am sure the birthday girls adored it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter's fourth birthday is this week and she would squeal with delight if I made this... which, I am NOT. I am horrible at this sort of thing. Frosting and 13x9 cake makes me break out in a sweat!

    Beautiful cake!!!

    Mrs. NB

    ReplyDelete